Why start a food blog?
First: I love to cook. And eat!
Second: I think sharing food is one of the most tangible ways to show love.
Making a meal for someone not only shows that I spent time and effort cooking, but on a deeper level, it demonstrates that I considered them. What do they love? What’s their favorite food? What dessert would put the biggest smile on their face? Cooking is my favorite way to care for the people who are important to me.
(In other words my husband is well fed.)
The third reason The Budding Table came to be is because I needed a creative outlet.
I studied studio art in college, but an art degree doesn’t exactly lead to a clear cut career path – you’re shocked too right?
I missed art. I missed making things. I missed the creative process.
After a lot of thought, a blog seemed like the perfect way to merge my desire for a challenge, love for cooking, and need for an outlet. I want this blog to be about growth. Culinary growth. Creative growth. Personal growth. So whether you’re only planting seeds, budding, or a fully blossomed chef; I sincerely hope that you feel welcomed here at my table.
A few more things about me…
1. I’m married to the sweetest guy around. We’ve known each other since high school youth group, but we didn’t date until long after that. He’s actually a youth pastor himself now, and my very favorite person (duh).
2. I love brunch. I was late to the breakfast loving game, so I’m eagerly making up for lost time with ALL THE BRUNCHING now.
3. I haven’t always loved to cook and am not formally trained, I wasn’t even all that interested in cooking until after college. I was living with my parents (best ever) while working at a coffee shop, when I discovered in my (ample) spare time that I enjoyed cooking for myself. Like, enjoyed it a lot. Baking was the original gateway, and when cookies quickly led to tarts I never looked back.
4. I live in Minnesota and am a lifelong Midwestern girl. My husband and I live in Linden Hills and I’m so in love with our little corner of Minneapolis.
5. I’m so excited you’re here! Seriously, I just think you’re great. Can I bake you cookies?
Any other questions?
Ask away! Send me an e-mail at: email@example.com
P.S. All photos on this page were taken by the fabulous, Sydnee Bickett Photography